At Swimm, our mission is to help engineering teams radically improve their knowledge of the code with Continuous Documentation, a paradigm for documentation pioneered by Swimm, for creating, maintaining, and finding code documentation as part of the regular development workflow. Swimm’s patented platform allows engineers to build documentation that includes “live” snippets and tokens from the codebase that Auto-sync every time the code changes. With Swimm, Continuous Documentation becomes an integral part of the development lifecycle, making it a must for organizations that need to scale fast while maintaining the knowledge on their codebase.
We are proud to be one of the top 3 best startups to work for by dun&bradstreet!
Swimm is an early-stage startup eager to impact on the developer’s day-to-day experience. In November 2021, Swimm launched its free open beta and announced a $27.6 million Series A funding round; Swimm’s total funding to date is $33.3 million.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced Dev-rel to join Swimm’s Marketing team. You’ll be responsible to drive awareness and adoption of our product. The Dev-rel function plays an integral role in engaging the developer community and inspiring developers to use the Swimm platform to improve how they work on documentation. As the Dev-rel, you will lead and grow the Developer Advocacy strategy.
A glimpse into what you will be doing:
- Grow Swimm’s brand recognition in the dev community.
- Work with the team to define the developer events strategy, including online and offline events, conferences, technical meetups, hackathons, webinars, sponsorships, and more.
- Build up the developer content strategy - including tutorials, videos, articles, and social media posts.
- Online presence in relevant forums, groups, and chats. Surface Swimm and come back with intelligence on related topics and trends in the ecosystem.
Your qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of experience leading developer relations/advocacy.
- Previous experience in software development, with a first-hand understanding of the code documentation pain.
- Passionate about developer products, ecosystems and generally love engaging with developers.
- Great verbal and written communication skills - experience with writing great content and presenting at meaningful events.
- Proven track record of creating and producing engaging, informative, and interesting technical content that resonates with developers.
- Willingness to travel to relevant events.
- An analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing communities.
What makes the Swimm team special?
“I feel really connected to the organic structure, where we are consulted and our opinions are taken into account. This makes me feel like my views are both significant and important.” - Swimm team member.
“Everyone here is friendly and fun and we're a really tight team. We immediately make an effort to get to know anyone new and make them feel at home.” - Swimm team member.
- Our people are like no other. Our team is innovative, vibrant, and passionate about bringing new solutions to our developer audience.
- Our 4 incredible co-founders lead and operate with transparency.
- Employees are directly involved in decision-making across the company.
- We’re a flat organization that emphasizes employee well-being and work-life balance.
- We have a dedicated People Ops team whose focus is bettering employee experience.
- Our people come from diverse, nontraditional backgrounds and are given growth opportunities and resources to develop their talents in areas they’re interested in.
Compensation and benefits:
Base salary range: $150,000/yr - $180,000/yr
Our Swimmers take care of business and we take care of them. Swimm works hard to provide our team with a generous benefits package because when you join the Swimm team, you are a true partner.
- Competitive base salary plus options.
- 401k, Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible work hours.
- Commuter allowance to get to our NY office.
- Generous PTO.
Swimm is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.