Developer's Community Manager
- We really care
- Trust is key
- Boldly drive change
- Learning & growth mindset
- Masters of our craft
Developer's Community Manager
At Swimm we believe that all engineers should have a “swimmlined” environment where onboarding, outdated documents, or project switching will never slow projects down. Instead, Swimm keeps development smooth with smart docs that help teams sync with code.
We appreciate creativity, bold ideas, and passion for people and, more specifically, for Developers. We also appreciate the will to make Developers’ life easier. Are you the type of person that can connect with developers and bring them together into a great community? If this sounds like you, please keep reading. As our Community Manager, you will build the initial group of first Swimm evangelists and place programs to promote the importance of documenting code with community building as a growth engine.
A glimpse into what you will be doing:
- Define Swimm’s community strategy and initiatives by mapping out existing communities, Swimm’s core community of early users, and researching industry-leading community examples
- Build a community of core users, and engage champions introducing and launching relevant engagement programs
- Consolidate community initiatives to new platforms
- Promote interesting, meaningful conversations that are happening on the community channels / programs
- Track community growth and success across the different communities used, and engage with users directly and through analytics tools.
- Map and build events related opportunities for the community and the company
- Contribute to sales enablement by creating content and feedback loops with community users
You will need:
- 2+ years of experience as a Community Manager in the software industry and or proven success in running an online user community, preferably one that has a strong developer focus
- Proficient with online forum and chat systems and managing data inside of them, particularly user engagement
- International experience, working with global team members in a distributed and remote environment.
- Possesses strong project management skills, with the ability to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, in native-level English and preferably a second language
- Data-driven: measure, analyze and report on community activity, usage, and success metrics
- Content creation, social media skills, or marketing experience -an advantage
- Bonus: familiarity with CRM and BI technology tools for operational tracking purposes, such as Salesforce
At Swimm, we care a great deal about our company culture. You fit right in if:
- You care: you are down-to-earth, friendly, and fair.
- You honor disclosure, integrity, and commitment – trust is key.
- You boldly drive change: you make waves with courage and curiosity.
- Learning & growth mindset: you foster agility, personal growth, empathy, and trying again.
- Masters of your own craft: you take pride in trailblazing, excelling and paying it forward.
Swimm is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.