Swimm is an ambitious yet relatively new startup that is strongly backed by internationally renowned investors. Our mission is to create a place for engineers to thrive, multiple codebases at a time. At Swimm we believe that all engineers should have a “swimmlined” environment where onboarding, outdated documents, or project switching will never slow them down.
We strive to provide the best experience to our users. Both Engineers and businesses are extremely important to us, and we find true joy and fulfillment when we powerfully help Dev teams sync teams with code. What is unique about us is that we are users of our own technology. We are rapidly growing and inviting you to join us and change the way development happens!
One of Swimm’s growth pillars is the UI/UX Design position. This role is for someone that aspires to create great products that engineers are excited to use. The UI/UX Designer will join our NYC office and will work directly with the engineering team to create a sleek intuitive product.
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of the product.
- Understand the core audience (developers) and suggest flows that support their preferences.
- Create wireframes and mockups and present them to internal stakeholders and team.
- Work closely with project manager, design, developers
- Stay up to date with the latest UX trends and incorporate them into the product.
- Manage user testing sessions and translate findings.
- Support a more holistic approach by providing services to the marketing team.
- Contribute and maintain the design system.
You will be a good fit if you…
- Are a self-starter
- Have 3+ years of UX design experience
- Are proficient in Figma
It would be nice if:
- Have knowledge of basic programming skills
- You have a background in a startup ecosystem or experience working with developers.
At Swimm, we care a great deal about our company culture. You fit right in if:
- You really care, you are down-to-earth, friendly, and fair.
- You honor disclosure, integrity, and commitment – trust is key.
- You boldly drive change: you make waves with courage and curiosity.
- You have a growth mindset: you foster agility, personal growth, empathy and trying again.
- You are a masters of your own craft: you take pride in trailblazing, excelling and paying it forward.
You will be part of a dynamic team and have the privilege to work for a company that is changing the way development happens. We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes: comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, generous PTO, fun events to insert joy into the workflow, and most importantly, great people, an innovative product with a huge market and a real opportunity for success.
Swimm is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.