Have you ever lost velocity on the team when you needed it the most, because your most knowledgeable engineers were on a call to ramp up others to a new codebase and you felt that it shouldn’t be this way? At Swimm we believe that all engineers should have a “swimmlined” environment where onboarding, outdated documents, or project switching will never slow you down. Swimm keeps development smooth with smart docs that help teams sync with code.
One of the strategic pillars of Swimm’s growth strategy is a strong VP Engineering to lead the Engineering teams. Reporting to the CEO and partnering with the CTO and CPO.
We're looking for a talented, knowledgeable and passionate VP Engineering with strong communication and people management skills, who is capable of driving successful product execution. You will contribute to making quality products that will shape the way development happens by making developer’s life much easier, changing the onboarding experience, and making it easy for teams to quickly collaborate, get up to speed and stay in the know anytime and anywhere. We are looking for a self-starter and a thought leader that can help build a strong, positive, and innovative Engineering culture from within a growing team.
The main goals for the VP Engineering role at this key phase for Swimm are:
- Establish a product-oriented Engineering org, focused on business outcomes.
- Set the ground for effective and efficient Engineering processes that provide high quality, fast iterations and rapid team growth.
- Create strong partnerships with the CTO, Product and Customer Success orgs in the company.
In this role, you will also be responsible for:
- Building the organization that builds the technology and product
- Applying modern Engineering practices across the org
- Managing and mentoring managers within the org
- Establishing an efficient hiring process to meet the demand for growth in Engineering
- Delivery between the Product and Engineering orgs
You should apply if:
- You are an experienced Engineering manager in a SaaS context
- You have managed 2+ Eng Managers.
- You have scaled teams beyond their initial
It would be nice if:
- You have early-stage companies in your background.
- You bring experience in managing distributed teams.
- You have managerial experience in an early-stage, pre-product-market-fit SaaS company.
- You have a strong Product Engineering mindset.
- You have experience building tools for developers.
At Swimm, we care a great deal about our company culture. You fit right in if:
- You really care: you are down-to-earth, friendly, and fair.
- You honor disclosure, integrity, and commitment – trust is key.
- You boldly drive change: you make waves with courage and curiosity.
- Learning & growth mindset: you foster agility, personal growth, empathy and trying again.
- Masters of your own craft: you take pride in trailblazing, excelling and paying it forward.
Swimm is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.