How Swimm Works
Deploy Continuous Documentation within your workflow
Create Continuous Documentation that pulls real time code from all your repositories. Search your entire codebase with ease. Group documents and external links to create Swimm Playlists that help new teammates dive right in.
- Create documents with embedded live code snippets
- Saved as Markdown and versioned on your own repository
- All operating systems
- Language Agnostic
- Always up to date documentation
- Fluid editing without needing to take your hands off the keyboard
Auto-sync & Git Checks
Swimm automatically checks any documentation pushed to git to make sure it’s up to date. If the code mentioned in your documentation changed, Swimm alerts you and lets you address the issue quickly and easily. This way both your code and your documentation are always accurate and up to date.
- Github integration
- Local Git Hooks
- CI Integrations
- Docs AutoSync to codebase
- Smart Tokens & Paths: Integrate code tokens and file paths into your text that will remain synced
See your insights immediately, right in your IDE. These are not your average comments: Swimm indicators in your code open documentation right in your IDE, so everything fits into your CI.
- VS Code integration
- Keyboard interaction option
- Whole team on the same page
- IntelliJ integration
- Atom integration
- Always up to date documentation that is coupled with your code
Loved by devs
Now we can go through docs that took hours, in minutes. Not to mention it is more engaging.
We needed to find a solution that would help us quickly start documenting our knowledge and then optimize it in the future.